VenueBesançon is the capital and principal city of the Franche-Comté region in eastern France. Located close to the border with Switzerland, it is the capital of the Doubs department. The city has one of the most beautiful historic centres of any major town in France. The old town, "la Boucle", is enclosed in a broad horse-shoe of the river Doubs, which is blocked off at the neck by Vauban's imposing Citadelle. The historic centre presents a remarkable ensemble of classic stone buildings, some dating back to the Middle Ages. The citadel, the city walls and Fort Griffon were added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2008, as part of the "Fortifications of Vauban" group.
(more on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besancon and http://www.citadelle.com/)
The workshop will be held in the Fort Griffon (see the map):
IUFM de Franche-Comté
25042 Besançon cedex
Tél. 03 81 65 71 00
Fort Griffon is 10 min by feet from the railway station (see the route) and is 5 min by feet from downtown (see the route).
Several bus lines link the station and downtown (go to Ginkobus website).
For any questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Near the railway station:
Coming by planeThe four airports closest to Besançon are:
- Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, then take the train to Paris - Gare de Lyon (about 1 hour), then the high speed train (TGV) to Besancon (less than 3 hours).
- Euroairport Basel-Mulhouse, then drive to Besançon (about 2 hours).
- Lyon Saint Exupery airport, then drive to Besancon (less than 3 hours) or take the train to Lyon then to Besançon.
- Geneva airport, then drive to Besançon (less than 3 hours).
Coming by trainBesançon can be accessed by train from Paris - Gare de Lyon, Lyon and Strasbourg. The railway station is "Besançon Viotte" (see the map).
To book a journey, go to the SNCF website.
Coming by car
- From Basel-Mulhouse airport: about 2h00 (see the route).
- From Lyon Saint Exupery airport: about 2h30 (see the route).
- From Geneva airport: about 2h30 (see the route).
There is no parking inside Fort Griffon.